1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My nicknames are really random. My family calls me D, most friends call me Derk. At work I'm known as Bling because when I was 18 I showed up on a job site with giant diamond earrings in both ears and that was the first thing they said and it just stuck. Then there is the random list of other names that people call me: derk knight, derek jeter, derk mcgerk, blingo, big d, DT, D-Dawg, and I'm sure i missed a few but you get the idea.
2. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
Typically I either turn on the tv and put on something boring or watch youtube videos. I can't just let my own mind wonder or I'll be up all night.
3. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?
My wife calling me a Zaddy. Im joking, but she really did say that. She is the best at always complimenting me and making feel like I can accomplish anything.
4. What do you think about more than anything else?
I am constantly thinking and plotting on my next moves. My next project to tackle, next content to create, or next event I have coming up. Even though I am always looking forward to the next thing I think I do a good job of enjoying the moment as well.
5. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
I typically try to do everything myself. I don't like spending money on something I can do myself. Sometimes that bites me in the butt and doesn't go as planned but in the end I would still rather attempt it myself.
6. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
I don't believe I have any broken relationships. The people I want in my life are all there. Even the ones where we don't talk often, I know anytime I reach out they are always there and the same goes for me.
7. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
For the most part I keep it 100. I try not to be rude or mean but I always keep it real and say what needs to be said. I feel I can respect someone more who is honest even if its not what i want to hear.
8. What is my ideal definition of success?
If I answered this question before I had kids my answer would be totally different. Success to me now is helping my kids be great, grow and have fun everyday. Setting them up with the knowledge and tools they need to be the best version of them selves and have as much fun as possible a long the way.
9. What is the single, most significant change I can make in 2019?
10. Do I feel guilty about not spending enough time with those who are important to me?
Not really. I do wish I would have spent more time with my grandma before she moved to Florida because now it's really hard to spend time with her being so far away. She is the only grandparent I have left and she has always been amazing. So wait I guess my answer is yes then. I feel guilty for not spending more time with her in the past and sad that its not as easy to now. It's one of those things I took for granted having her right up the street .
I got these questions from Layla over at Laylaliving.com
Head over to her Blog and read hers. She is a great blogger from Cincinnati.